Since the 1950's, MooreCo Inc. / Best-Rite / Balt has been dedicated to conducting business with integrity, caring for our communities and respecting our environment. Through sustainability initiatives, MooreCo Inc. endeavors to be a responsible corporate steward of the environment and, whenever possible, encourages eco-friendly business practices. Watch our Environmental Certifications video on YouTube.
MooreCo Inc. supports our clients and vendor's sustainability initiatives and encourages strong conservation programs by:
- Reviewing packaging options to reduce waste.
- Examining shipping routes for fuel conservation.
- Incorporating eco-friendly materials for packaging and business use.
- Leveraging data and technology to reduce redundant activity, particularly regarding travel.
- Drive use of ecologically certified component alternatives whenever possible.
- Offering ecologically preferable product choices.
Increased environmental awareness in our core business practices is important to MooreCo Inc. Where possible, we seek to integrate sustainability practices into our company's operations such as:
- Design and produce environmentally friendly products and seeking certification via such organizations as McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry, LLC. (MBDC).
- Established recycling programs in both the manufacturing facilities and office for corrugated, steel, aluminum, paper and plastics.
- Utilizing post-consumer materials, such as paper towels and bathroom tissue and greener office supplies.
- Utilization of soy/vegetable based inks and FSC paper for printed materials.
- Encouraging telecommuting and carpooling for associates and explore telephone and web conferencing options to reduce travel.
- Reviewing ground transportation routing to conserve gas and reduce emissions.
- Turning off lights, computers and reducing furnace and air conditioning to offices not in use.
- Utilizing technology to reduce paper and mail volume internally and externally.
- Choose office interior products that contribute to improved indoor air quality, considering ventilation, cleaning products and VOC emissions.
Each employee, from entry level to top executive, is considered to be our most valuable resource. Use of continuing programs to increase safety, awareness and compliance to corporate and government rules and regulations, we can ensure the safety of all employees.
MooreCo Inc. is committed to giving opportunities to our associates to improve their skills to create new opportunities for social and economical advancement.
MooreCo Inc. is proud of our associates and their investment in their communities. Our goal is for our associates to embrace MooreCo Inc.'s sustainability initiatives and practice them both at work and at home by:
- Using compact fluorescent lights
- Regulating thermostats and turning down water heaters to reduce carbon emissions
- Inflating car tires to increase gas mileage performance
- Purchasing ENERGY STAR qualified appliances
- Participating in community recycling and clean-up efforts